Company Registration Name: New World Philatelic Jobbers Ltd. t/a Universal Philatelic Auctions (UPA)
Company Place of registration: Unit 4, The Old Coalyard, Northleach, Glos. GL54 3HE, UK
Company Registered Office: Unit 4, The Old Coalyard, Northleach, Glos. GL54 3HE, UK
Company registration number: 1941668
Terms and Conditions:
These terms and conditions govern your use of our website. Please read these terms in full before you use this website. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, please do not use this website. Your continued use of this website confirms your acceptance of these terms.
There isn't one! The only additional charges we apply are: shipping for auction invoices less than £50 GBP, and overseas shipping of HEAVY lots. If you are a new client, you may qualify for our Introductory Offer* (£55 GBP discount if you spend/win £75 GBP or more)
*Offer valid for NEW clients aged 18+ subject to status, restricted to one per household.
- Lots cannot be viewed in person, but we are happy to provide scans, photocopies and verbal condition reports of lots as required.
- There is no charge for this service but please note that we cannot scan/photocopy hundreds of items.
- We cannot guarantee to provide scans/photocopies for requests made within 2 working days of the closing date.
- We are unable to provide scans of Unsold Lots during the first auction despatch week. Requests may be made during the second week of despatch, but we cannot guarantee this service.
- Requests for extension time to obtain a certificate must be made in writing at the time of ordering.
- The name of the proposed expert or expert committee must be provided for our approval.
- The reason for requesting an extension must be stated.
- Requests for extensions are on the basis of authenticity, not condition unless specifically approved by UPA.
- Extensions for single items/sets only value in excess of £100.
- Requests for extensions for items already bearing a certificate will not be accepted unless specifically approved by UPA.
- UPA will submit the item(s) for expertisation unless specifically agreed otherwise.
- Items will not be submitted until payment has been received, unless specifically approved by UPA.
- The purchaser pays for the certificate. If the item is not authenticated, UPA will pay for the certificate.
- Any item described as having faults may not be returned if other faults are mentioned on the certificate of authenticity.
- NB - Your statutory rights and UPA 30 day total guarantee are not affected
- Lots are despatched after payment in full.
- Payment is due within 15 days of receipt of our invoice.
We accept payment by the following methods (no surcharges apply):
- Visa / Mastercard
- NB – we do not accept American Express or Diners Club
- We do not accept card payments for goods that are not shipped under our own transit insurance.
- We reserve the right to delay shipping goods for card payments with a high fraud screening score. In such circumstances we reserve the right to request payment by alternative means.
- Cheques (payable to UPA) drawn on a UK Sterling account (please allow 7 days to clear)
- Cheques (payable to UPA) drawn on a $ USD account from mainland banks only (please allow 28 days for cheques to clear). Due to restrictions imposed by our bank, the minimum value foreign currency cheque we can now accept is $50USD. If your invoice equates to less than this figure we are happy to hold any surplus amount as a credit note which can be used towards future purchases.
- Bank transfer (net of bank charges) to account:
Bank: Santander UK plc
Account Name: N W P J Ltd T/A Omniphil Andrew S McGavin
IBAN: GB84 ABBY 0901 5004 8968 15
Sort Code: 090150
Account Number: 04896815
- PayPal - to account firstname.lastname@example.org quoting your invoice number as your reference. Payment should be made in GBP British Pounds.
- Please remember to quote your invoice number when making payment. (Failure to do so may delay despatch of your goods)
- Payment over two, three or four monthly instalments is available to clients with invoices in excess of £60.
- There is no extra charge for this service but lots are only despatched upon completion of payment or subject to status (i.e. long established UPA client).
- Please make this request when placing your order.
DESPATCH / SHIPPING
- Top-Up Twenty purchases are despatched within 3 working days of payment received.
- Auction Unsold Lots purchases are despatched after auction despatch has been completed.
- Standard sized lots are shipped using Royal Mail where possible; the service used will depend on value of goods and customer location (country).
- Heavy lots are shipped using a courier (such as Parcelforce) and therefore can take longer to despatch.
All standard sized lots ordered from www.upalatesales.co.uk are subject to FREE shipping and insurance. Lots described as HEAVY (or similar) may be subject to additional shipping charges for overseas customers.
Auction Unsold Lots are available for instant purchase at 80% of estimate. Unsold Lots are available from the Friday evening following the auction closing date, available for a limited period of time. Late sales orders are shipping after auction despatch, therefore there may be a delay in shipping.
- All lots are guaranteed such that any lot may be returned for a full refund. No Quibble. 1st class mail (or standard air mail) is ok for most things but we recommend that you get a proof of posting from the post office in case the items were to go missing. If you are returning goods in excess of £250 we request that you return them by Special Delivery (or Registered Airmail). Goods in excess of £250 returned by 1st class mail (or standard air mail) will be deemed to have been returned at your own risk.
- Lots must be returned in the condition they were received (in their entirety in their original stockcards or packaging) within 30 days of purchase. Returned lots may not be accepted by UPA if they have been tampered with, e.g. immersed in water, marked by an expert or expert committee, or treated by any other process, unless UPA's express permission has first been obtained in writing.
- We request that you state the reason for returning any item. This does not affect our guarantee, but it does help us in processing the returned items.
- We are happy to either refund you for anything returned to us, or if you prefer we can hold the amount as a credit-note which you can use towards your next auction invoice. Please specify.
- Please allow up to 30 days for your return to be processed.
- Printed catalogues are FREE to regular successful bidders.
- New clients will receive up to 4 printed catalogues free of charge.
- If you have received four catalogues and never bid, or received four catalogues since your last bid, we would ask you to either view the catalogue online or subscribe to receive future catalogues.
- Subscriptions: £25 is the minimum subscription covering supply of the next 3 catalogues wherever you live, despatched airmail if overseas.
- Our catalogue policy is to reward our valued regular clients with an important real price reference guide.
- Please remember that UPA is an auction, not an Approvals Service.
- The auctioneer reserves the right to refuse bids from clients regularly treating UPA as an Approvals Service.
- The auctioneer’s decision is final.
- Placing a bid is acceptance of these terms. This does not affect your NO QUIBBLE full refund guarantee.
- Top-Up Twenty is a ‘level playing field’, therefore please don’t email UPA to make offers. All lots reduce on a weekly basis until they either sell or reach their lowest price.